Re: [CH] ornamental peppers

Chris Meredith (merc@innocent.com)
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:17:19 -0800

they are edible. My Son (who was 4 yr/old at the time)  got mom to buy him
an ornamental plant one winter. He decided that since Dad could eat the
peppers he would eat one also. he came down stairs about an hour after his
bedtime and said his mouth was on fire and he needed some ice cream. he
denied eating any of the peppers, however a couple of weeks later  he
wanted to try some salsa I had just made  and I told him it was about as
hot as one of the peppers he had eaten off the plant. he decided that he
didn't want any since those peppers were so hot.

the main issue with the ornamentals  is the flavor is generally very bitter