FW: [CH] Chick Peas - Garbanzos?

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:45:28 -0500

Mark,

Don't know if this will help you or not.  I tend to look at recipes for
method of preparation and adjust or change spices to taste.  I am not sure
if you do that or follow the recipe exactly.  Anyway, your post piqued my
interest, so I am going to try this recipe.  I will be substituting a spice
blend from Penzey's.  Both branches of the family offer a number of
interesting spice blends.
	http://www.penzeys.com

	http://www.thespicehouse.com

	http://www.recipesource.com

Here is the recipe link, I like it because it is oil free:
	http://www.recipesource.com/fgv/vegetables/peas/roasted-chickpeas1.html

Blue skies and hot chiles,
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Mark Ellis
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 9:02 AM
To: Chile-Heads Digest
Subject: [CH] Chick Peas - Garbanzos?

G'day All,

I am chasing down some recipes for roasted chick pea snacks. I had some
great spicy ones a few years ago that were not fried, but roasted and then
tossed through some secret Middle Eastern spice mix. Damn good!

I would be stoked, if someone else has got some recipes for them.

Cheers

Mark E. in Oz
www.artisansrus.com