Re: [CH] Oh my! OFF TOPIC!

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:33:21 -0500

At 06:16 PM 12/17/02 -0800, Doug Irvine wrote:
>Wadda I do? Simply because I noted that at the bottom of a web page about
>CHILE PEPPERS. incidentally, not a bad page at all, there was a little
>symbol...MADE with MACINTOSH!! Now this was not, in any way the business
>of the " Lash" and when he put that message on line about pcs and Macs, I
>went back at him,directly, off list, about his lack of cool in directing
>an abusive reply to not only me but all Mac owners. So, there are various
>platforms, SO WHAT!

I've just found it interesting that in pretty much any forum or mailing
list I've ever subscribed to the Mac users seem compelled to go on about
their choice of platform, sometimes with an evangelical fervor.  I don't
see that with any other hardware or software.  I'm not proclaiming to other
folks "Hey!  Did ya notice that mail was composed on Eudora!?"  So what
indeed...

To put it in a more sexist analogy, one of the ladies in our office put a
big yellow sign next to her desk that proclaims "Men At Work"   Underneath
it is the statement "Women work all the time.  Men have to put up signs
when they work..."

=Mark, donning asbestos undies...  :-)

          @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @

               Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomniac...

                   Lying awake at night, Wondering if there is a Dog.