Re: [CH] Two matters

xtremely.fast (xtremely.fast@prodigy.net)
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 05:23:04 -0800

Not real sure if there was a drift there or not.  More like the rants and
raves of a very up-tight individual about to go over the edge.  I, for one,
don't mind an ocassional off topic subject being brought up and passed
around.  Kinda keeps the list from going stale.  If all you ever did was
talk chile, chile, chile the list would sooner of later become very boreing
and eventualitly you would cover ever possible topic and would have nothing
to talk about.  Now I'm sure that all of you have a computer or you wouldn't
be on this list and all computers, no matter if they are PC's or Mac's have
one thing in common.  They have the ole DELETE KEY.  My advice to you, my
dancewithcarp friend, is to take a few chill pills and use your DELETE KEY a
little more.  If what you say is true, and if hitting the DELETE KEY is
takeing up time and makeing the difference between whether you get any sleep
or not I would suggest that you look into trying to get a grip and maybe
getting a real life.  When you posted your complaint to this list you
lowered yourself to the same leval as the ones that you were complaining
about.  You rambled on about working two jobs and not having time and all
that and never said not narry one word about chiles yourowndamnself.  Now I
wonder who is off topic now Seinor carp.  And now...............to keep my
post on the up and up, I will submit the following:

Eddie
retired, that says it all....................

Habanero Jelly

jellys/jam

3 large red or orange bell peppers (dependi; ng on what color you want
finished product to be)
12 fresh habanero peppers
1-1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
7 c sugar
2 pkg/ liquid pectin (certo)

1.) Remove seed and stems (why does that sound so familiar?) and
membranes from bell peppers. Chjop in to food processor-sized chunks.

2.) Put bell peppers, habaneros, vinegar through a food processor and
puree until smooth.

3.) Combine this mixture with all the sugar in a non-corrosive pan.

4.) Bring to a boil, stiring frequently. You can add a tsp. or so of
margarine to helpkeep the foaming down. Reduce heat and simmer for 5
minutes.

5.) Add pectin and bring back to a FULL ROLLING BOIL (must keep boiling
in spite of stirring). Once this point is reached, continue to boil for
exactly 1 minute.

6.) Ladle in to clean 1/2 pt. jars (leave the pulp in...it's prettier
and much more intereating. I guess this makes it jam instead of
jelly). Cap with clean disks and rings. Turn upside down for 5 minutes
then turn back over. Should seal within a few hours. Should gel within
24 hours.

------
Subject: Re: [CH] Two matters

> At 04:10 PM 12/19/2002 -0600, Cuchulain Libby wrote:
>
> >This came up on the bbq list and my thinking is lurkers have no rights.
If