[CH] recipe

Nels Peterson family (npkp4jp@polarcomm.com)
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 20:30:52 -0800

I don't really have a recipe.  Just go for it -- but here is how I do it.

One pork loin -- cut in the middle to make two roasts
Cut a 'pocket' in the side of each roast -- be careful not to cut all the
way through on the back side or ends

Ham Stuffing
Equal amounts of Cubed ham and Dry Bread Cubes ( I use half seasoned and
half unseasoned bread cubes)
Egg or two
Salt and pepper to taste (with the han you don't need much salt)
whir about in food processor till well mixed

Can add a chile or two or three to the stuffing

Put the stuffing in the pocket of each roast, tie tightly or sew pocket shut
Roast to 180 degrees F internal temp --

Cranberry/Jalapeno glaze

1 bag fresh cranberries (1 lb.)
2 -3 jalapenos, or whatever chile you like
1 citrus fruit -- lemon,orange, lime (whatever)
sugar to taste

Makes a great cranberry sauce, but I use it as a glaze on one of these
roasts.
Just spoon it over the roast the last half hour or so and let it cook --

Let the roasts set for 10 minutes befoire slicing