Re: [CH] Chile Chocolates recipe

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:04:52 -0600

At 06:04 PM 12/23/2002 -0600, tucker wrote:
>Dave Drum wrote:
>
> > Because if the Culver's where you are is anthing like the Culver's where I
> > are they are automatons, incabable of independent thought who hire
> > unfailingly rude waitstaff and clueless shift managers. And no heat
> > anywhere on their menu (even where it's claimed).
>
>   Well, where will you find anything even a little above mild, and still have
>the convenience of a drive-through window?  ;-)))  At least Wendy's was on the
>right track with the Spicy (though not for us, of course) Chicken sandwich.

Popeye's and Taco Sloppo.... errrr Bell. And a local Rib-A-Que place that has a
mop sauce that will light your arse UP! I know Popeye's Spicy Cajun and
Taco Chihuahua aren't all that hot. But, like Wendy's - itza start.

>It seems popular enough to have hung around this long; you'd think others
>would take the hint and try something similar... and not just by name, as they
>have.  Re: Culver's.  Ours is a small-ish, simple town, where the automatons
>are...  well...  less so.  Kinda' cute, perky, high school girls mostly.  And
>their fudge is a little better than most other places around here.  In fact,
>the food (fudge aside) is about the worst thing about the place.  Sounds like
>the people are the main drawback to your location.  Sounds like it's time to
>fire off the lot and re-staff.

I'd settle for "cute, perky" high school girls. What we get is Steak &
Shake retreads with an attitude and McDonalds rejects. Springpatch is doing
pretty well. We have the worst Old Country Buffet I have ever been in and a
nasty Culver's. OTOH we have a couple nice Thai places that believe you
when you say hot (plus have pots of ground red chile on the table - with a
large spoon). And an Indian place which can get intreresting when one
orders Goanese and some Balti dishes.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!