Re: [CH] Chile Chocolates recipe

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:06:16 -0600

At 03:08 PM 12/26/2002 -0600, tucker wrote:
>Dave Drum wrote:
>
> > ... I'd settle for "cute, perky" high school girls. What we get is Steak &
> > Shake retreads with an attitude and McDonalds rejects...
>
>   Hey, a guy from our cat club just gave me a bottle of the Steak 'n
> Shake Pepper
>Sauce that he got last trip down...  ummm...  wherever he said they have
>those...
>Indiana, maybe it was.
>
>   I have it here on my desk waiting to get the time for me to look them
> up online
>to see if I can replace the bottle for him...

Illinois, Indiana, Missouri and Florida... good places to eat. And their
chilli recipe came from right here in my back yard. Ray DeFrates lost the
recipe to Ray's Chilli to Gus Belt (founder of Steak & Shake) in a poker
game back in 1948. It's decent chilli if you can kick it up a notch with
their pepper sauce and a add some powdered hab.

The pepper sauce is just green tabasco peppers in vinegar. Not all that
hot, not all that sour. Waaaaaay better than Tabasco (brand) Sauce... but,
then, I just don't like fermented sauces, I guess. Anyway the nasty sour
vinegar taste of Tabasco is very off putting to me.

Cayenne sauces such as Trappey's (also made by McIlhenney) are much better.
Or any of CaJohn's stuff.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!