Re: [CH] World's hottest pepper--not the Red Savina?

Craig Dremann (craig@ecoseeds.com)
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:53:07 -0800

Thanks for your email.  When you say you can eat a Tepin (and it can be
done if they are very green), I have to ask you: what stage of maturity
were the Tepin in, and what State of the country were you growing them
in?

If you are outside of California and the Southwest, in a State like
Michigan or Minnesota with a cool summer without the hot, dry autumns to
mature heat in the Tepins, they can actually be pretty mild.  I've
personally tasted Pasilla peppers, when grown along our foggy coast here
in California, they turned into sweet peppers without a hint of
hotness!

I'm gathering actual results from people who have tasted something
hotter than the Red Savina.

Sincerely,  Craig Dremann