Re: [CH] Garlic Cures Aphid Problem in 2 Days

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:26:21 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Benson
To: Chile-Heads
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 11:57 PM
Subject: [CH] Garlic Cures Aphid Problem in 2 Days

> This is about the time of year when the chile plants I'm over wintering
start to get infested with aphids.  So far I haven't done anything except
spray the foliage once with pyrethrum.  In past years I've used pyrethrum
and soap sprays with little success.

The only "safe" spray that I have found to work is Schultz Garden Safe Houseplant & Garden Insect Spray.  It's just .01% pyrethrins & 1% canola oil.  Kills on contact and kills the eggs too.  It must be the canola oil that makes it work when other pyrethrin alone sprays fail.  I promise you that this stuff works on my indoor overwintering plants.  Only drawback is that I can only find it in 24oz spray bottles at Wally*World.  Wish that I could find it in a concentration so could use it on my outside garden with a tank sprayer.

Good luck with the garlic cure!

John