[CH] Re: Chile-heads FAQ

AndyB (quark@erols.com)
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:39:14 -0500

Russ,

Some excellent suggestions.
I could directly incorporate Black/White Q&As as you suggest.

For those Qs that might be "gray" or somewhat contentious, I would like some sort of procedure and an informal committee for review before these As get on the site, as I would want any such site to be truly representative of the group.  I would be glad to coordinate any such exchange.

Organizationally, we would need some procedures for submission, review & correction.
We would also need to set some scope for the content, see below.
I would certainly want Michael's approval for any such endeavor.

As it is possible the Q&As could grow to hundreds, we would need some organization for the material. For example:

1)  The Q&As to be put into Major Topic Categories,
1a) For example:
        CH List "Administrivia" - such as Michael submits monthly
	Administration of FAQ site
	Definitions/conventions of terms
        Technical items (such as "What is capsaicin.")

1b)  Scope: Should we also include more broadly informative issues
	Growing Chiles
	Chile Recipes
	Chile Organizations/Meetings  (e.g. "Ring of Fire")

1c)  Scope: Should we also reference other websites?
	Info websites
	Chile Product Links

2)  Site conventions, for example:
    	Simple HTML for broadest readability ?
	 - I would set this up so that a Q&A could be readily
           copied into a text file.
	Include some pictures, as applicable ?
	 - Should pictures be clickable and put on separate pages?
	Each Q&A identified alphanumerically
	 - e.g. a letter for the topic and a sequential
           number for within the topic: as with "A031"
        This would allow: See A&Q D001 at <URL> for "what is Capsaicin"

These are some starters.

Please feel free to email the group and I with comments and suggestions.
 - Put "FAQ" in the title to make it easy for me to spot.
I'll attempt to aggregate them.

AndyB
quark@erols.com