Re: [CH] FAQ

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:32:51 +0000

>From: =Mark <mstevens@exit109.com>

>Seems like if we take all the possible permutations of a FAQ/Recipe/Terms &
>Definitions type HTML thingie that we are on our way to recreating a
>ChileHeads Website.  Is this where we want to go?  Would you want a
>prospective listmember to subscribe to the list or just cruise the website
>to learn how and why to "tape a cat?"

Maybe it would be a good idea to re-create the site, only this time with the
FAQ.  The old site served as an introductory information source about the
list and chiles in general.  We have enough information resources created by
list members and the rest of the world, and for that matter, they can be
surfed once someone finds the Ring of Fire webring; all we really need is a
central site with links to the work that has already been done.  And someone
(or a group) to serve as the site administrator(s).  Nothing has been
happening on that front for a while, so I'd be happy to see something new
fill that niche.

As for prospective list members, I say let them surf some information before
they join to ask the list the usual questions.  I'm not saying this should
be some requirement for new members (as the tech writers say, RTFM for Read
The ... Manual) but it could be an aid to newcomers.

I don't like the idea of listing flame topics, because that would be troll
bait.  We're really lucky we don't get a lot of bored people coming on the
scene just to push our buttons.  I don't want to see jerks joining to say
they have created a genetically-engineered jalapeno to be the world's
hottest pepper that can be safely stored in oil with cilantro...

- A