Re: [CH] FAQ

AndyB (quark@erols.com)
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:38:08 -0500

Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> >From: The Lash <info@thelash.com>
>
> >>Exactly- it seems only people who remember the BBS school really
> >>understand
> >>what a FAQ is. It is a brief source of information- not a rule book.

The use of "FAQ" is not consistent among lists/newsgroups.
Some lists have "FAQ" solely for rules - primarily as a "legal" defense against persistent spammers.  Other lists use "FAQ" simply for information.  Some use "FAQ" for both.

> That's what I assumed, that it would be a first place to go for answers of
> frequently asked questions.  List rules are a completely different matter,
> although the FAQ could address them since questions about the rules might be
> frequently asked.  But it would not be some kind official rulebook.

> The rules are in Mike's administrivia postings and subscription guidelines
> (which could be copied to the FAQ page).

That is exactly what I did - copied Mike's most recent administrivia postings and pasted them directly into the As.  At such time that Mike comes out with a revised posting, the the appropriate Q&As would also be revised.

AndyB