Re: [CH] Chile Woman contest

Inagaddadavida (rael64@qwest.net)
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:34:24 -0700

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 03:14  PM, tucker wrote:

> jim@wildpepper.com wrote:
>
>> Re:
>> 1. How long have John and I been married?
>> 2. What was our wedding date?
>>
>> 1.  Ever since you said 'I do'.
>>
>> 2.  Cake & a hotel room.
>>
>> Both questions are answered exactly!  I win!!
>>
>> -Jim C
>> Mild to Wild
>
>   Wrong.  Ever since the person officiating the ceremony said "I now
> pronounce....".

no no no...as Naor alluded, there may be More than meets the eye.
Question is, essentially "how long married".  No mention of *legal*
marriage (defined more or less as marriage deemed legally binding in
some such State (as well as "state")...or something like that), so that
question may have an answer more to the effect of "for more than a day,
less than a century" (no insult implied, mind you) or "as long as it's
been since the mutual decision to "be married" came about".  Possibly,
"a damn long time".  It's all relative you know?

Question two is relative as well.  One could even really stretch
meaning and think "oh, so you both had a date at your wedding? like,
different dates w/you?"; alas, there's some grammatical problems
(verb/subject agreement) so I'd say nay to that one, but still, "what"
implies (now I"m really picking and probably pissing off the
Chilewoman...bad karma for me, eh?) something different from "when" so
the answer could correctly be: "the date at which you were married".
Sounds sorta circular and I'm glad I don't live near enought to worry
about burning piles of Poo on my doorstep, but I like language games.
Another answer (and interpretation), aside from Bro Jims which was
quite nice, could be: "the date that when/if forgotten results in Hell
Breaking Loose."

Ahhh...memory serves me well.

So, enough fun.  Seeing as how I would not suggest (oh no) that the
Chilewoman is out to mislead or deceive any of us, I'll say:

1. Chilewoman and John have been married at least as long as that
mutually agreed as being "married", and/or for about 14 years, give or
take.

2.   Their wedding date, aside from the obvious Day of Marriage,
was...mmmm...August.  14th.  14 years ago, more or less...approximately.

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64

Wars are popular. Contractors make profits; the aristocracy glean
honour. (Labour Leader 11 March 1915) -Ramsay MacDonald (1866-1937) - )