Re: [CH] Orange Rocoto

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:17:46 -0600

> Don't forget to share the C. baccatum with Beth, her "beloved" Capsicum.

Paul,

Thanks for the heads up and I will email her.  I see 2 varieties that she doesn't have on her website.   http://www.bayoutraders.com   I received about 15 seeds each of Aji Verde & Dedo de Moca.  Both are new to me.

Can't believe that I got your Massachusetts mixed up with Maine.  Actually I can.  <G>  I suppose people from both states talk "funny".

I'm curious how people clean their saved seeds.  My saved & dried C. pubescens seeds still have lots of placenta flesh on them no matter how carefully I scrape them off the placenta.  And does it really matter?

Another question for the knowledgeable on this list.....   Do C. pubescens seeds require a dormant period to germinate?  If they do, can anything such as refrigeration speed it up?

JohnT