Re: [CH] Texas-Style BBQ Ribs

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:11:38 +0000

>From: "Cuchulain Libby" <clibby@satx.rr.com>

>Not to pick a fight but I don't know any Texan who would call oven-cooked
>ribs 'BBQ'.

*G* yeah, the term is as abused as "hot" is.  Plenty of fake examples of
each out there.

Sometimes I like to slow-roast ribs or a roast in the oven, and the texture
can turn out to be similar to Q, but the flavor isn't.

But for most of the white-bread consumewr world, "bbq" means added tomato,
sugar, and onion - maybe some garlic if you're really adventerous.  If the
food is a dry snack like chips, it means red food coloring, sugar, and
paprika.  Mmmmm!

- A