Re: [CH] germinating pepper seeds

Mike (bear1@videotron.ca)
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:16:33 -0500

At 12:07 PM 02/02/03 -0800, M. & L. Doster wrote:
>I'm about to start a lot of peppers from seed.
>
>Does anyone have an opinion on which pepper cultivars/species
>germinate better at temperatures above 70 F (20 C)?
>
>Thanks.
>
>-Mark

Wow, pretty brave stuff. Asking for an opinion on this list is like, uh,
never mind.

This will be my third year of germinating seeds and my
opinion based on my experience is that all the species I planted
benefited from above 70°F temps. I've planted seeds from
southwestern types through cayennes to habaneros .

Here's some sites Paul (The NorthEast ChileMan) posted. I've used some of
the info in the past two years. He's replying to a post requesting growing
info for
the "unoffical" FAQing around site.

SNIP>
Gaawd your a glutton for punishment! Growing chiles Faq?? My recombination
is a few basic facts then lots of links, here's some links:
http://www.floridata.com/tracks/peppergallery/start_pepper_plants.htm
http://www.batnet.com/rwc-seed/Pepper.growing.tips.html
http://ushotstuff.com/Growing.Tips.htm
http://www.johnnypepperseed.com/html/seed_starting_tips.html