Re: [CH] germinating pepper seeds

Mike (bear1@videotron.ca)
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 19:34:59 -0500

At 04:00 PM 02/02/03 -0600, Love2Troll wrote:
>Mike,
>
>I'm not convinced that C. pubescens benefit from higher temps, but am
>fairly certain that other species like temps in the 80s.
>
>85 or 86° Fahrenheit is supposed to be optimal.
>
>JohnT

If you're referring to types like the Rocoto, you're probably right.
I've next to no experience with these. I tried some seeds last
year and got only two viable seedlings from six plantings using
heating mats.
As I got only 4 pods from 2 plants, I won't be trying them again.
But now, knowing this, just maybe, nah, 4 pods, 2 plants,
doesn't work for me.

Mike