Re: [CH] easiest chili of all time

The Lash (info@thelash.com)
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:28:20 -0500

At 07:42 AM 2/3/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Okay.... inquiring minds must know!  In what period of time can you eat 50
>habs, Rob?  You make my moderate little dumpling body quiver at the thought!

Oh, there was a time limit? Actually, it was a reference to "Cool Hand
Luke"- what with it being a rainy day here and all. But, the thing about
habs- at least with me- is that that once my mouth is acclimated to the
first one, the effect doesn't accumulate with subsequent exposure- kind of
like drinking a bunch of cheap beer after drinking one good one- after a
while they all taste the same anyway. Plus, I don't get the burn till I
stop eating the habs- so- I could probably eat a lot of them in a very
short time. What would happen after that, I don't know- well, I have a
pretty good idea. Since I eat some manner of habanero every day (pickled,
sauce, fresh), my tolerance is very high. I could not make the same claim
about jalapenos, cayennes- even though they are technically not as hot,
they are not the peppers I am used to eating.

Rob K
http://www.thelash.com
Celtic Mayhem From America
Illegitimati non carborundum!