FW: [CH] dundicuts

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:35:48 -0500

Yvonne,

I have purchased Dundicuts from Penzey's at the link below.  The peppers are
hotter than a hot Jalapeno (with or without the ~).  They definitely are not
in the Scotch Bonnet range, as Penzey's suggests.  Use as you would use any
dried chile for heat/seasoning.  They do not carry the flavor qualities of
an Ancho or Pasilla when using as seasoning.  They are quite nice to nibble
on dry.  If they came from Penzeys, the seeds are likely to sprout.  The
fresh green ones are good too.

http://penzeys.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/scstore/p-penzeysdundicut.htm?L+sc
store+tcps8949ff121b12+1044569258

Blue skies,
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of wburchfield
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 6:22 PM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] dundicuts

Hi Pod People,
Had to come out of lurking mode to ask for a little help from those who
know. I just received a wonderful? gift of a 4 oz. bag of dried dundicut
peppers. I have never seen or heard of these before. Does anyone here have
any experience with dundicuts? What should I expect the heat level to be?
They look like little round dried up cherry pepper looking thingies, dark
red. Help.....

Yvonne
who has nothing clever to say