Re: [CH] HABANERO HEAVEN!

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:07:14 -0700

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 01:47  PM, Alex Silbajoris wrote:

>> From: Sooner54@webtv.net (Fred Morris)
>
>> O.K Alex, give it up!  What is Cameron's simple recipe for habanero
>> sauce?
>
> Yo Cameron, you want to tell them how you do it?  I just stem and seed
> the peppers and process them to a fine pulp with some vinegar and/or
> citrus juice.  Garlic and salt are optional.  IIRC, Cameron's
> description of the technique was something like "take fresh habs and
> whizz them" so that pretty much shows how simple it is.
>
> Usual disclaimers about acidity/salinity apply, bottle with care.
> Mine has kept just fine and sometimes I think those orange habs grow a
> second heat when they age in the bottle like that.

well, if Cameron is whizzing on them, I know the salinity is probably
taken care of...not sure about the acidity.  Maybe depends upon what
the whizzee has consumed in the last 12 hours or so?

I'll pass though...thanks.

(gavin, you need to watch your old man...he's getting (?) strange...)

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael64
Monk of the TCS
Mystic Order of Capsicum Rogues