Re: [CH] OT - more spam lately?

VoodooChile (rael64@qwest.net)
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:27:17 -0700

On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 06:57  AM, Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone else here is getting this - in the last week,
> I've been receiving at least 20 spams per day offering drunk nasty
> college girls, etc.
>
> It makes me wonder if they got my address here, and if other list
> members have seen a similar sudden recent increase.

I've been getting the "barnyard girls" and "animal luv" type stuff.
How the hell do they know I'm from MS, that's what *I* wanna know.

I get less that 10/day though.  Eudora took care of spam nicely in that
I had most everything filtered to proper "in" mailboxes and could scan
through the rest and delete en mass.  Using mac's native Mail program
and it "learns" for a while and then filters out spam.  Works pretty
well as I've set the filter to delete daily.  A bit has been slipping
through, but usually, the spammers all (probably just a single person,
14 hours a day, spamming, making 1.2 million a year) move to a new ISP
and abuse it until it's time to move again...or that's my "theory".
blah blah...

Spam is, in my thinking, just one of those things one has to tolerate
for the "freedom" of the web.  Sure, it'd be nice to not have to do so,
but that's pretty much like thinking one can be Free and Safe and Find
Habs 365 days a year and it not "cost" something.  Unrealistic.

But as "different" as I am, you know, the thought of Betty and her
Donkey just doesn't do a daaaamn thing for me....nope.

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rae64

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.  That
is easy.  All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and
denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the
country to danger.  It works the same in any country.

-Hermann Goering-