Re: [CH] HABANERO HEAVEN! V8 #651

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:17:49 -0500

Hi C-H's,

Sorry for the silence - I've been up to the top of my wellies with work.

>From: Doug Irvine <dougandmarie@shaw.ca>
>Nah...Scotland, now Ohio....invite him to Switzerland, Tom! Cheers, Doug

Funnily enough the 3 of us are flying in to Zurich the first week of
July, but I think Tom is over by the IT border? Where are you Tom -
down near Lugano?

Fred mentioned:
>O.K. I whizzed about 30-40 habs, a couple of tomatillas and some fresh
>garlic, couple of tsp of cider vinegar, little salt and fresh lime
>juice.  I can't believe how little I got, maybe a half pint.  Not sure
>what it is, but I dropped a little on the countertop and it ate right
>through.  Kind of like that monster stuff in Alien.  Whew, Cameron, this
>stuff is lethal!!

Yes, it does have a certain je ne sais quoi! You have it about right.
I just whizz habs up with lime and lemon juices and add salt to
taste. Very good on a fish sandwich. Also a good rust remover :-)
--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.