Re: [CH] Debate at Our House

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:42:33 -0600

At 03:45 PM 2/14/2003 -0800, RisaG wrote:
>Steve & I have been having this debate for years and
>it is getting on my nerves. So, I thought I would post
>it here and see what other chile-heads think.
>
>The debate is...
>
>Is Tabasco hotter than Frank's Red Hot?
>
>I find both of them have no heat really but he seems
>to feel that Tabasco is very hot and Frank's just has
>wonderful taste and very little heat. What do you
>think?
>
>I can't be judgemental anymore as my tongue no longer
>feels any heat from the Tabasco bottle. years ago it
>did but I still felt it had no real discernable heat
>then either.
>
>What do you think?

OK... back from a testing.... errrrmmmm tasting. I used to think that
Tabasco was hotter because the heat lasted longer. But, what it is is that
the nasty sour taste stays in your mouth and reminds you that something hot
used to be there. It's a toss as far as heat goes... but good ol' New
Jersey Frank's eind the taste category in a walk. But, my preferred cayenne
sauce is still Trappey's Red Devil (made by McIlhenney at Avery Island).
Mildly spicy and quite flavourful. I often wonder where the world would be
now if the "manly-men" hasd discovered Trappey's as their rite-of-passage
instead of Tabasco.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!