RE: [CH] Re-using Seed Trays

T. Matthew Evans (matt.evans@ce.gatech.edu)
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:48:35 -0500

Do you then water with this from the bottom?  How often?  Or, do you spritz
it on the plants from a spray bottle?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T. Matthew Evans
Research Assistant
Geosystems Group, School of CEE
Georgia Institute of Technology

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Farr [mailto:rbfarr@erols.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 4:41 PM
To: T. Matthew Evans
Cc: RisaG; tucker; Chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Re-using Seed Trays

Damping off is a fungal disease caused by damp conditions, and
exacerbated by the lack of air movement.

You'll know it if the seedlings suddenly keel over and look brown and
pinched at the soil line.

To make the tea, I just use a tea bag (one bag per 8 oz. cup).  I pour
boiling water over the bag, then let it steep 5 min.  After steeping,
mix 50/50 w/ water, and you have "half strength".

--
Robert Farr
The Chile Man

*  A sustainable farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas, mustards,
and barbecue.
*  Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com
*  Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
   http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html
*  Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year.  See our web site for
details!