RE: [CH] Pepper contest

Dan Turkette (dan@tekinteractive.com)
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:35:26 -0500

Well, I suppose you could get a gallon of condensed milk and drink it prior
to the event, lube up your mouth with some high quality first-press olive
oil, and eat a lot of fiber the night before....

I'd look for someone with a camper w/facilities to give you the ride home.

Here's a snippet from Fiery Foods. Maybe eating grapes is the trick. :-)

http://www.fiery-foods.com/zine-industry/quest0500.html

And the Raw Pepper-Eating Winner Is...

Twenty-five people with cast-iron stomachs lined up on February 21, 2000 for
an annual jalapeno-eating contest in Laredo, Texas. With drinks close at
hand, they vied for the top pepper eater. The contest, sponsored by jalapeņo
producer, La Costeņa, was part of Laredo's yearly President's Day
celebrations. The winner, Jed Donahue, ate 5 pounds of grapes the night
before to stretch out his stomach. Donahue has won the contest five out of
the last seven years. This year, he took the contest by consuming a grand
total of 105 peppers. The winner received a year's supply of Maalox.

Dan
www.americanspice.com