Re: [CH] Early Scottish Chile Madness...???

W.A. Sawford (was1000@cus.cam.ac.uk)
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:09:53 +0000 (GMT)

Hi to John and the list,

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, CallCentreVoice wrote:

> Hi everyone, from a rather chilly Scottish riviera...

Had to de-lurk to answer this one.  John, you and I talked chiles some
years back - you probably won't remember me, but I don't know anyone else
who had a hab plant called Hayley!

You're way ahead of me on the seed front - I was thinking of cracking mine
off in a couple of weeks time, and I'm several hundred miles south of you.
But as you've got added heat and light, sounds good to me.

> seeds, mainly governed by what I could get hold of - 'super' habanero,

What is 'super' hab exactly?

> overwinter '98/99.  If I get anything like her yields from my estimated
> 100 plants this year, I'm going to be stuck for ideas about what to do
> with the pods...

Sounds like you could be in for a seriously interesting time!

This year I've got seed for bonnets, cayenne, New Mex, Caribbean red hot,
padron, datil, rocoto, something I'm not sure of that I call 'Orange
fruity', and various Thai chiles.

Any other UK 'Heads with plans for the chile season?

All the best,

Wendy