Re: [CH] Re-using Seed Trays

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:21:47 -0600

"T. Matthew Evans" wrote:

> This brings up an interesting point - I was going to start seeds last night,
> but then I recalled that I had read somewhere that one should always use
> impeccably clean trays for seed starting.  I checked the back of the seed
> mix bag and it said the same thing.  ...
>
> What has been the experience of the list?  Do you re-use seed trays, etc.?...
> Thanks.
> Matt

  I suppose it depends on what you do with your plants.  I think for your
average Joe, who's just growing a small number of plants for his / her own use,
maybe it doesn't really matter.  Unless maybe you had some problems last year
that you can trace back to when they were that young, and you have suspicions
about the trays.  I've always just rinsed them with a hose after I'm through
with them, and thrown them in the garage 'til the next year.  No problems so
far.

Erich