Not Re: [CH] Open Fields anymore. OT, really. So sorry...

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:00:53 -0600

Jim Nelson wrote:

> Ok, I am the spouse, and I guess a lurker of the chilehead list, BUT I
> am also a fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and like chiles, one
> should be informed before dooming the entire topic.  Have you ever
> heard of, Michaelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo (da Vinci) or Raphael?
> Yes they are artists, but they are also the turtles.   Like a chile,
> try it, you might like it.  (If you have no sense of humor, don't even
> try to understand the wisdom of the Turtles.:))

  Hi there.

    I certainly can't speak for the original poster, but when I wrote
"...based on a comic that wasn't something you would probably
  want young kids reading.", it was supposed to be a compliment to the
original "comic" form.  I don't really blame them for producing the
cartoon and movies more for younger viewers, as they otherwise likely
wouldn't have gotten so deeply rooted into the  pop culture of their
time...  or made as much cash.  It would have been nice to see them make
it into the mainstream while still keeping their original edge, but I
guess that wouldn't have gone over then, nor would it now.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099  Who still has TMNT, the role playing game, and most of the