Re: [CH] re: reply And a seed question.

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:09:58 -0600

"Parkhurst, Scott Contractor" wrote:

> > any suggestions on peppers to try is greatly accepted
>
> Hey David,
>
>    I noticed your list of chiles so far is mild/medium
> in heat level.  Sucking up to Sandy O. and her moderate
> contingent, eh?  I'm sure she will welcome you to the ranks
> with open arms.

  Of course we would.  But even we moderates (well, speaking for myself
at least) like to grow some things that would kill us if ingested
directly, in pieces larger than half a toenail clipping.  (Don't ya'
just love that image?)  After all, the more Habs., Serranos, Thai,
...whatever you add to a powder, the less you have to use, the longer it
last, and the more you have left over for sharing with friends.

  Seed question:

  Didn't I recently read that someone had some luck in germinating seed
harvested from dried pods purchased from Penzeys?  One of my wife's
coworkers gave us a little container of Penzeys "Chili Piquin" (dried
whole pods) for Christmas.  I've been keeping them in the fridge to
crush and sprinkle on whatever strikes me, and then almost immediately
forgetting I did so, and rubbing my eye.  They all seem really nice,
ripe / mature, and good-sized for the type.  I think I will try getting
a few to germinate this year.

 --
Erich
C-H # 2099  Dreaming of Spring planting, while freezing my AS& off.