Re: [CH] The Moderate Bandwagon!

Chad A Gard (gard@indy.net)
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:21:05 -0500

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 10:30  PM, Sandy Olson wrote:

> Yep, Scott, anyone who wants to join the ranks of those with intact
> tastebuds and non-watering eyes is most welcome.  David...plant lots of
> moderate plants; your closet moderate CH buddies will love you for it.

In addition, by using moderate chiles, you can develop deeper,  more
rich and intense flavors without making it so hot your head explodes,
and flavor is, of course, what it's all about.  For example, Jim's
Smokin' Chipotle smothering the Trader Joe's chicken enchilada I'm
having for lunch.  Great sweet & rich flavor, not all that hot.  If I'm
feeling adventurous, I can spice it up with some purira powder, cayenne
powder, or just a smidge of habanero, and keep the rich flavor.  But,
if I make something with only really hot peppers, you quickly overpower
the subtle flavors with fruity heat.

> And...speaking of moderates, there is a possibility that we might be
> able to
> flash our colors (stop those knuckles from dragging!) with our very own
> t-shirts if we can find enough people who are willing to stand up and
> be
> counted.  And if we can decide what our colors actually are.
> Now...don't
> anyone say beige!  Or puce!  Or mauve!  Moderates are more intense than
> that.

Actually, puce is a pretty intense color.  But not one I like.  A nice
green, perhaps.  I like blue, but only a very few peppers come in blue.
  Maybe Orange...

At any rate, as a proud moderate, I'd love a shirt if we can come up
with one economically.  Alas, I'm an auditory person, so visual
creation isn't my forte.  OK, bad pun...

Chad A Gard
INCHASE: <http://www.inchase.org>
PercussionAdvocates: <http://www.percussionadvocates.com>