RE: [CH] OT Spam

Ces (ces@preferred.com)
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 22:36:39 -0500

I think your getting spam confused with spyware, spammers don't put urls on
your machine they send you unsolicited e-mails about how to make your
package bigger among other things. If you want to clean your computer of
spyware try Spybot search and destroy.

http://spybot.safer-networking.de/

Another is ad-aware that can be found at:

http://www.lavasoft.de/index.html

Both these programs have been highly recommended. I prefer the first one as
I think it's more thorough.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Byron
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 9:48 PM
To: C H
Subject: [CH] OT Spam

That article had nothing to do with spam, it was just another "I hate
microsoft site".

Charlie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FYI,

I found over 100 meg of spammer URLs
(not cookies) in that content IE5 folder.  I have another 4.5 meg of spammer
URLs in my Index.dat, I can now delete them

In the index.dat,  opened with Corel there were 574 pages of nothing but
spammer URLs.

After IE update 1141 I am no longer happy
with Microsnot.

Byron

file