Re: [CH] Moderation and C-H's in general

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:25:11 -0600

Jose Cisneros wrote:

> ... I'm not sure that a banner exclaiming the virtues of moderation when
> it comes to eating chile is necessary, I feel it's a bit too defensive.
> And who are we defending ourselves from?
> Those brave souls that eat chile until they are a sweating, hiccuping,
> flame-throwing mass of flesh?
> I certainly don't feel any less a chile-head because I don't do that...

  Jose,

  I guess it isn't so much (speaking for myself here, obviously) a matter
of being defensive, really.  Maybe you hit on it more with that last line.
Sometimes I wonder, as I read about the latest person to munch fresh Habs.
from their garden, or dip their Bread in Backdraft, if I really belong
here... or who of us really feels like we belong anywhere.  It's more a
matter of celebrating the diversity we have here.  Never once (again, just
me) has anyone ever said "Hey pal, I think you're on the wrong list".  And
I think that's a great testament to the quality of the people here. We
might disagree on what's spam and what's not, or any other number of
off-topic subjects we've seen discussed, but it seems that if you've found
your way here due to a love of chiles at ANY level, it's all good.

  Or maybe Sandy and I are just trying to feed some small insecurity we may

--
Erich
C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps