Re: [CH] danged cats

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:37:24 -0600

At 02:40 PM 3/3/2003 -0500, Allen Marshall wrote:
>"The NorthEast ChileMan" <thenortheastchileman@attbi.com> wrote:
>
> >They didn't like the four seasons lettuce plants?
> >

>I'm more upset about the habaneros.  I still have plenty of lettuce seeds
>in the packet.  (That same night, they also binged on a sweet potato plant
>that I had in a pot...)

Try reading htis recipe to your cats as a bed time story....

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

       Title: Cat Chilli Verde
  Categories: Chilli, Moggy, Chilies
       Yield: 4 Servings

       1 cn Cooking Oil Spray
       1 tb Olive Oil
       2 lb Cat meat; skinned, boned,
            -diced
     1/2 c  Shallots; chopped
       3 cl Garlic; minced
       1 lg Potato; peeled/diced, cooked
            (optional)
       1 cn Tomatillos (18oz); drained
            -and coarse chopped
       1 cn Diced tomatoes w/chilies;
            - not drained
       1 cn Chicken Broth (13oz)
       1 cn Chopped Green Chile Peppers;
            -not drained
       3 lg Green jalapenos; stemmed,
            -seeded, fine dice
       3 lg MuMex green peppers; roasted
            -seeded and chopped
     1/2 ts Oregano; dried
     1/2 ts Coriander Seeds; crushed
     1/2 tb Ground Cumin
       2 cn Cannellini Beans; drained
       3 tb Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
     1/2 tb Black Pepper
       1 c  Sharp Cheddar cheese; grated
            -(garnish)
       1 c  Spring onion; sliced thin,
            -including green parts.

   Spray a large skillet with Pam, add Olive Oil and heat on
   medium high until hot. Add diced cat and saute for 3 minutes
   or until done.

   Remove cat meat from pan and set aside. Add Shallots and
   Garlic to the pan and saute until tender. Stir in Tomatillos,
   Tomatoes w/chiles, Chicken Broth, Chile Peppers, and Spices.

   Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add back
   previously cooked cat meat, potato (if using) and Beans, cook
   for 5 minutes, stir in Lime Juice and Pepper, heat and serve
   up into Chilli Bowls topped with Cheese and sprinkled with
   green onions.

   Or place all ingredients, except Cheese, in a Crockpot and
   cook for 8 hours. Don't forget the Tortilla Chips, Sour
   Cream, Avocado Dip and Dos Eqis Beer.

   Good Eating.

   FOOD AND WINE CLUB TOPIC: BUSY COOK TIME: 03/06 1:16 PM

   From: Millern@xxxxxxx.Cc.Andrews.Edu

   FROM: Uncle Dirty Dave's Archives - A FIDO Cooking Echoes Recipe

MMMMM

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!