RE: [CH] danged cats OT

Dan Turkette (dan@tekinteractive.com)
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:18:39 -0500

OMG... on a whim I did this search on Google. +"cat recipe" -copy

Got this:
http://www.coyotenet.net/siouxzq/id94.htm

CAT RECIPE OF THE DAY
Chat Au Vin - (Cat Braised in Wine)

Ingredients (6 servings)

2 ½ lb cat, cut-up 6 bacon slices, diced  ½ lb whole mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed 1 C sliced green onions chopped parsley
1 tsp salt 1 C cat drippings, strained 8 sm new potatoes, scrubbed
¼ tsp pepper 8 sm white onions, peeled
½ tsp dried thyme leaves 1 C Burgundy wine

Instructions

Skin and declaw large house cat, preferably a long-haired one because they
are particularly annoying.  Bone cat, dice meat and boil skeleton for
drippings.  In large skillet, sauté diced bacon and green onions until bacon
is crisp.  Remove and drain on paper towel.  Add cat pieces to skillet and
brown well on all sides.  Remove the cat when it has browned and set aside.
Put peeled onions, mushrooms, potatoes and garlic in crock-pot.  Add browned
cat pieces, bacon and green onions, salt, pepper, thyme, potatoes and cat
drippings.  Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.  During last hour, add
Burgundy and cook on high.  Garnish with chopped parsley and catnip-stuffed
mouse.

Regards,
Daniel H Turkette
President & Executive Chef