Re: [CH] Fish chili

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:29:43 -0600

At 10:30 AM 3/6/2003 -0800, Riley J. McIntire wrote:
>Hi Pods,
>
>Anyone ever made fish chili?  Care to share your experience?  Is it any
>good/worth trying?  The sound of it really didn't do much for me at first
>blush.   A quick search turned up this Monkfish Chili recipe that doesn't
>look too bad--the quantity of chili powder called for is impressive for  a
>non-CH site, albeit for me 'chili powder' means powdered chiles from the
>garden (and/or Jim's etc).  And 1/4 tsp of cayenne?!  Come on!  That's not
>enough to even color it.
>
>http://www.recipesource.com/soups/chili/monkfish1.html
>
>Any tnt recipes out there?  Recommendations?

I've made the Monkfish Chilli. But, I used 1/2 TB of cayenne to give a nice
wake up call as it slides down your throat. It's an OK chilli if you have
to do the Lenten Mackeral Snapper thing. Otherwise chilli is much better
with REAL meat.

BTW - chilli powder means chilli spice mix. Chile powder means powdered
chile peppers.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!