RE: [CH] Fish chili

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:43:13 -0600

At 12:29 PM 3/6/2003 -0800, Riley J. McIntire wrote:
>Real men eat fish.  hmmm.
>
> > BTW - chilli powder means chilli spice mix. Chile powder means powdered
> > chile peppers.
> >
> > ENJOY!!!
>
>After adding my own spices, and chile powder, it always seems to come out a
>fresher, hotter, tastier superset of 'chili powder'.  ;-)  With some notable
>exceptions.  Some of the mixes from Chip at Red Lion (?) were quite good.

I use a mix that I make for myself which has impressed French chefs and
chauvanistic Orztralians. It's not very hot as mixed but it's very heavy on
the cumin. I add hot as I cook depending on my whim and the chile tolerance
of the folks I am cooking for. Contact me off list with your snail addy and
I'll schlep you a sample if you'e like to try some. (It ain't fer sale
folks - so don't ask)

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!