Re: [CH] RICO SURTIDO

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:41:09 +0000

>From: Rob Solarion <solarion@1starnet.com>

>There is a whole variety of these LISY snacks.  In my Supermercado
>Mexicano, there is a rack with all sorts of little packets hanging on it.

I've found a lot of chile-flavored snacks and candies in some Latin
groceries.  They have chili powder, citric acid for tartness, then other
flavors like watermelon.  Some are hard candies and some are granules you
can sprinkle.  Then there various seeds and beans seasoned with pepper.
They're fun to experiment with, since you never gamble much money on one.

OTOH there are the Asian and Indian groceries with their own peppery snacks,
whose labels you may or may not be able to read.  That's when the wild
adventures begin.

- A