Re: [CH] Savina seeds at Wally Wurld...

Love2Troll (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:40:03 -0600

My Red Savinas grown last year from seed packaged by Northrup King and bought at Wally World were NOT very hot.   The hottest (and most flavorful) peppers were Yellow Rocotos.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: T. Matthew Evans
  To: tucker ; chile-heads
  Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 6:07 PM
  Subject: RE: [CH] Savina seeds at Wally Wurld...

  I picked up some Red Savina seeds in mid-February at a local (?) garden
  center called Pike's (don't know how far their reach extends).  I believe
  they are the same seeds (NK, but with different packaging) to which you are
  referring, but I gave $1.49 for them.  I, too, have received Red Savina
  seeds from several list members, but I am doing an experiment this year --
  Red Savinas from four different sources, three plants of each.

  Back to the subject at hand, I received approximately 20 seeds for my $1.49
  and planted them three to a plug (nine total).  I got 100% germination from
  these seeds, and the three seedlings that remain (I cut the others back) are
  healthy and strong (similar to all other Red Savinas that I have started).

  Will post again in a few months when I actually have ripe chiles.

  Matt

  T. Matthew Evans
  Graduate Research Assistant, School of CEE
  Georgia Institute of Technology