RE: [CH] Samples

Dave Drum (xrated@ameritech.net)
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:59:06 -0600

At 08:43 PM 3/27/2003 -0800, Riley J. McIntire wrote:
> > the weekly meeting of the Illinois Chilli Society I checked the mail box
>
>Glad you liked it. Another mix we give out, but don't use personally, is
>"yupawuss".  Relatives.  Not blood, tho, Mary's.  Tho' if any of mine were
>speakin to me they'd probably favor it, too.  ;-)

Worked great on the steak, too.

> > And where did you get those chile candies. I sort of left them
> > alone until
> > just a couple minutes ago. Nice late wake-up call in them. I can see
> > getting a lot of my Xmas shopping taken care of with these guys. If you
> > made them - congrats. If you bought them - cengratulations on
> > finding them.
> > Where can I score some?
>
>Mary's a skatin' fool and out inline skating right now.  She found those
>(Chile Gummy Bears) in this little backwater when she was visiting
>relatives.  Germany, think it's called.  Anyway, I'll post the address, and
>think they have a website, when's she back.  If you want some I'm sure she
>plans to get some more.  Let us know and we'll order you some.  Save a bit
>on shipping.
>
>Really liked your chili recipe.  We have don't have much of your mix left.
>Wonderful stuff!  Question--what's a good brand of Beef Base?  Never used
>it, and the one person that really knew what it was said there was good and
>bad and couldn't remember the good.  That's why I gave up and just reduced
>some stock I had.

Actually Kraft and Nestle' are pretty reliable. And I think Knorr. It's
sold ad Soup Base by some - main thing is you have to watch the salt...
sometimes you get a brand that is more salt than beef flavour. And all it
really is is what you did - reduced stock. Just reduced to nearly dry and
then packaged. It's a convenience item. You can sub boulion but it's
terribly salty - most of it.

ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider & Yaaaaa Hoooo Ahhhhh Hot Sauce!!!