Re: [CH] Hello again

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:07:31 +0000

>From: "Brandon C. Nuttall" <bnuttall@kih.net>

>He immediately became convinced that I was playing a joke on him and had
>somehow substituted the hot sauce

Sounds like the poison-wine scene in the movie The Princess Bride...

I have my own tale of THE BREAD for this year.  I was loitering outside the
winery, enviously eyeing the OK Joe smoker trailer, when a group of local
teenagers walked up and asked me if they had anything hot inside.  I said,
go on in, there are vendors giving samples.

So they went in, I lost track of them, and about ten minutes later they were
out on the sidewalk again.  Some of them were panting and fanning their
mouths; they had sampled the Pit Bull sauce from Mason-Dixon Spice, among
other things.  But the destruction was not complete; one or two of them was
still walking straight and not suffering, still not satisfied.  So I said,
you know, there are some samples of some peppery bread in there ...

They said they pretty much got chased out by the owner but they went in
again.  A few minutes later, they came out again, and this time there was no
more talk about not finding anything hot enough.

- A