Re: [CH] Mini Tillers

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:41:46 -0500

"Parkhurst, Scott Contractor" wrote:

> >  So what do they get for one of those puppies???
>
>    It cost $300 + tax at Home Depot.

  Well, I think since my folks live about 6 minutes away, and my raised bed is somewhere
around 12 x 4.5 or so, I'll just stick to borrowing theirs and save the $300.

> Greg Mortensen wrote:
>
>>   I decided to borrow my dad's Husqvarna 6HP tiller (similar to
>> http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/Folder_263/node606.asp?id=23 ) to turn over
>> the garden at my house a couple years ago.  He said it was a brute, but I
>> didn't pay any attention.  I fired the thing up, and it promptly buried
>> itself deep into the dirt -- almost up to the handles.
>>
>>   The soil was nice and loose after that, though...

  Wow, that thing is a beast!!!  I think it would take longer to try to hoist it over the
rail into my bed, and back out again, than it would to till the bed.  Definitely NOT for the
casual gardener.  My parents is a little smaller than that... maybe a 4 HP or so... too lazy
to go out in the garage and look right now... and the business end is in the front.  I'm
pretty sure it's a Craftsman.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps