Re: [CH] Introduction

The NorthEast ChileMan (thenortheastchileman@attbi.com)
Thu, 29 May 2003 07:27:54 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rose Scodari" <ldymagik@optonline.net>
Sent: Wednesday, 28 May, 2003 10:20 PM
Subject: [CH] Introduction

> Hi all   Hi Rosie!  Welcome aboard!

the only tidbit I can offer is the nursery I deal with
> says they are licensed to sell red savinas and the seeds that I get out
> of my savinas cannot be legally sold.  I have been trying to investigate
> this further as I would love to put a savina patch in here for Jersey
> chileheads to have access to.

You can start here  http://www.ams.usda.gov/science/PVPO/pvp.htm

Rules state:
Does this mean that the home gardener or farmer cannot propagate the seed of
a protected variety and save it for future planting?

No. Growers and home gardeners can grow any legally purchased and  protected
variety they wish. They can collect and save the seed for future planting on
their own holdings without violation of the law.

Hope this helps,
Paul