[CH] wasps and diazinon

Margaret Lauterbach (melauter@earthlink.net)
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 16:35:58 -0600

Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:02:04 +1000
From: Lukasz Speer <radomvis35@midcoast.com.au>
Subject: [CH] Diazinom + Bonus Url's for those CH who have tired of taping cats

"Diazinon is not likely to build up to high or dangerous levels in animal
or plant foods
that you might eat." !  Diazinon C12H21N2O3PS
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry

It is no longer approved for home use in the U.S. after present stocks are
used up.  People from public health services say there seems to be a link
between diazinon and soft tissue cancer, especially in children. Its
toxicity finally got through to EPA or whoever is now banning it.

I generally keep it well away from the Chiles, FWIW I don't think its that
effective
unless
mixed with another poison at least not in the strength that is available
over the
counter.

I kill nests of these Paper Wasps and Funnel Web Spiders with a Mix of
Diazinon and
Maldison 500g/l (Tree Borer killer) the last is really meant to be injected
only, I
stream
it on very locally, its probably not a good mix but gets rid of the nasty's.
Luke in Oz

You are supposed to follow label directions, and obviously you are not,
Luke.  That's technically illegal in the U.S.  But I'd take more issue with
your killing paper wasps.  You must love your aphids, larvae and tiny
caterpillars very much to get rid of their destroyers.  Thanks to wasps I
haven't had tomato hornworms or cabbage worms in the cabbage or broccoli
for years.  Learn to co-exist with stingers, Luke.  It's safer and
cheaper.  Margaret Lauterbach