Re: [CH] Purple de Arbol and Lemon Drop peppers!

RisaG (radiorlg@yahoo.com)
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 18:20:33 -0700 (PDT)

It depends on how long you can wait! With Lemon Drops
I would definitely wait until ripe! Bright yellow!
With the arbols, I've eaten green ones and they aren't
too bad but the red ones are so superior in heat.
These are purple (never heard of purple arbols!) so I
would think they would be ripe when purple?? Or do
they start out purple and go red? My purple serrano
last summer went from purple to a purplish-red.

Usually I can't wait for ripe pods, I almost always
pick a few green ones. Chop em up in stuff and try
them out. I've never been too upset with the heat
level at that stage. Depends on how hot you like
things and if you can wait.

Anyway, good luck. I'm growing Lemon Drop too. Can't
wait for the harvest.

Now if it would stop raining so I could plant my
chiles!

RisaG, in rainy NJ
--- Jay Burgess <jayburgess@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chile Heads,
>
> I want to thank all of you who post regularly for an
> entertaining list.
> I have been a member for several months, but this is
> my first post.
Can anyone offer any