[CH] Re: Smoker

Allen Marshall (AllenMrsh@netscape.net)
Sat, 07 Jun 2003 09:12:06 -0400

> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:06:32 +0200
> From: "joemama" <joemama@ticino.com>
> Subject: [CH] Smoker
> Hi,
> I just got a small smoker the other day (not big enough
>  for a turkey or such).
> Anyone got any good recipes/suggestions?

If this is the kind that converts into a grill, you can grill peach halves, onions, and basically any kind of larger stone fruit or vegetable in addition to smoke drying all of your chiles.  Pomme fruits also work well.    I find that if you're going to grill potatoes (especially yukon golds) then you should parboil them first.  If you check on http://www.recipesource.com (the recipe archive formerly known as soar.berkeley.edu), you should be able to find lots of smoker/grilling recipes.  And if all else fails, try to catch books by Bobby Flay and Jack McDavid.  (Not sure if Jack has a cookbook, come to think about it...)