Re: [CH] Overwintering

Jesse [CH1200] G. (CH1200@attbi.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:30:22 -0500

Saludos del noroeste de Indiana-USA, Paul and CHs,

300 e-mails later, I can update you-all on this 3-week-old request!
'Tis the season for planting and LITTLE LEAGUE.

The overwintered plants are OK.  LOTS of leaf-drop.  Lost only two: the
favorite, the arrivivi gusano, and the timplin, which is a little bird
pepper.  Its bigger bush kin, the chaco, survived.

They've been outside since about May 15.  I trimmed back the dry stems.
Fatali and piri-piri are fine;
Chaco is just as tall as last year, but looking spindly;
Aji dulce is barely producing leaves, but its offspring--plants from its
seeds-- are doing Very Nice Indeed, courtesy of my mother-in-law's
planting them.
Jamaican kitchen is sprouting new leaves, dark-green as ever.

Pictures? as soon as I get to taking 'em.  This sure was some sturdy
stock from thechilewoman.com... time to ask her if I can add to these by
getting a late-season order in... (the WEATHER sure is early-season...)

I've only got HALF of my t'mato plants in, due to cool weather, etc.

e- you all later, and Hasta la Lista,
Jesse G
CH#1200
P.S. Off-topic: Anyone wanting to chime in about comcast's "manual
procedures" for changing e-mail addresses AGAIN, please e- me at
ch1200@attbi.com