Re: [CH] K.I.S.S.

Walter Spencer (g0tuj@g0tuj.karoo.co.uk)
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:43:38 +0100

From: "Riley J. McIntire" <Riley@ChileGarden.com>

> Walt,
> Yesterday this topic motivated me to have a snack.  DW Mary had some soy
based blue cheese and cream  cheese along with some nonfat yogurt "cheese"
she makes by separating the whey from the solids with a filter.  All very
healthy and fairly tasty.  So a tablespoon or so of blue cheese and another
of cream cheese and a couple of yogurt cheese, mix 'em up, add a little
salt.  Get out the MildtoWild Savina powder and shake a little in.  Whoops!
Big ol' hunk falls out!  About a tsp.  Oh well, mix it in. Now, it was
wasn't surprising that this stuff was hot.  But the taste was
unique--usually the yogurt cheese is made from plain, no fat stuff.  This
was vanilla.  A very unusual combination.

> I put some in Mary's lunch today for work.  She's knows it's vanilla.
Don't  think she knows how hot, tho.  Looking forward to hearing from her.
She  thinks she's a moderate but is sorely mistaken.  ;-)
> Hot regards,  Riley

Think I know what she will think Riley. Today I made up a beautiful sauce
using Red Scotch Bonnets. The wife (bless her) was a bit critical. "You
haven't put enough in" she said. I argued that I had, but in the end, like
most women folk, she got her way and more was added. Yep! Y'all guessed it.
When it was finished I eagerly dipped my spoon in and slurped a dollop down.
Yikes! If I never hit my head on the ceiling, it was only because my aging
knees wouldn't let me get that far. I thought someone had stuck a mains
cable in my gullet and switched on.  Now I have a load of Chile Sauce that I
cannot eat.....but maybe I will try to tame the heat by adding something,
like maybe a ton of asbestos. Loads of Heat to y'all. Walt. CH#2218. An old
Chile-Head from the old country.