Re: [CH] NEW MEMBERS

The NorthEast ChileMan (thenortheastchileman@attbi.com)
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:38:22 -0400

Dave,
I wanted you & the list to know about a success story with a seed of yours I
started a few years ago. Below you'll find some pictures of a Chiletepin
plant as it "springs" back to life once again this year. I actually started
it in '01 and it has survived the last 2 winters in my cellar. It drops
every single leaf & looks "dead as a door nail" until the spring sunshine,
which there hasn't been much of this year, brings it back to life. It's the
only pepper plant to do this for 2 winters up here in the cold tundra of the
NorthEast.

April 25th
http://home.attbi.com/~thenortheastchileman/wsb/media/148143/site1015.jpg
June 1st
http://home.attbi.com/~thenortheastchileman/wsb/media/148143/site1027.jpg
Today
http://home.attbi.com/~thenortheastchileman/wsb/media/148143/site1066.jpg

I looked at my very brief notes from that year & I noted 95% germination
from all the varieties I started,

Seeds From Tough Love Chile Co.
012 Dundicut Chile
013 Tepin/Chiltepin
014 Prairie Fire PVP
015 Tri-Color Ornamental
016 Tabasco
017 Charleston Cayenne
018 Peter Pepper
019 Santaka Chile
020 Thai Hot
021 Cherry Bomb Hybrid
022 Chimayo Chile
023 Pequin/Piquin
024 Rocoto Rojo
025 Orange Habanero
 026 Nu-Mex 6-4 Chile
027 Nu-Mex Sunset
028 Nu-Mex Sunrise
029 Nu-Mex twilight
030 Nu-Mex eclipse
040 Scotch Bonnet

Usual disclaimers except one, a very satisfied customer.
Yours in heat,
Paul