[CH] Hot Stuff

Pete (pekiwa@caveland.net)
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:11:30 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "The NorthEast ChileMan" <thenortheastchileman@attbi.com>
To: "Pete" <pekiwa@caveland.net>; "Chile Heads"
<Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2003 7:03 PM
Subject: Newbies to My Right/Newbies to My Left!!!

> Hi Pete! Welcome aboard! How's Janet doing? Didn't she buy a home last
year
> with a couple of acres? How many did she cultivate this year? Last time we
> swapped E-Mails was Nov. last year. I'll have to send her one & see how
> she's doing.
>  As far as a source for last year, would be happy to be a source for next
> year. I have lots to share with you Kentuckians.
>   Yes, this is the list for all things hot & sometimes moderate.....Hang
> around & enjoy the camaraderie!
> Yours in heat,
> Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the welcome!  Janet and I have been living in our 100+ year old
home on 2 1/14 acres since last May.  I have quite a story to tell about
last years' experimental garden- we tried out about 150 varieties of hot
peppers alone.  Somehow, I managed to keep about thirty of them alive all
winter, and just recently got them replanted
outside.  And I just got done planting some of the smaller, more ornamental
hots from last year, in hanging pots on our porch.  They look so cool!

Thanks, others,  for the suggestions about mixing peppers with other
seasonings.  I hadn't thought of that- sounds worth a try with some of our
other herbs.  My pepper powder is a blend of at least fifty different
varieties, all thinner-walled types suitable for stringing or dehydrating.
After drying, they get de-seeded, then thrown in the blender and added to
the shaker (although we keep some ristras for ornamenting our walls, and
some dehydrated ones for cooking).  Keeps the shaker fresh as I use it for
most everything.

Margaret L., thanks for the info about the milk treatment of fungi.  It
sounded so promising, I checked it out, and I'm trying it for early blight
on tomatoes.  Any other suggestions for that?  We have about 400-some
plants.  (Do you write a column for the Idaho Statesman?)

Pete