Re: [CH] "Cultured" Palates!

Scott J. Walter (sjwalter@epicmedia.com)
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:50:29 -0500

Well ... that 'someone' was me ... but I feel I need to explain myself.  I
do not consider moderates 'bland' individuals, rather I consider them
'enlightened' ... they know the power of the pod ... they respect the power
of the pod ... and they choose not to have to change their pants when they
party.

This is a good thing.

I was referring to individuals who consider too much salt "spicy
cooking".  I am really more of a moderate myself (I haven't gotten the guts
up to eat a hab raw yet ... I cook with 'em on a regular basis ... but I
guess I'm still chicken) ... I enjoy a good brow-sweating "woooooooo
hoooooo" as much as the next person ... but I still hang in the area below
the 'true devotees to the pod'.  I feel somewhat incomplete, in that I
don't think I've experienced a decent endorphin-rush-driven 'chili high'
... but I'm (gingerly) heading in that direction.

(Does that make me a podacolyte?)

So, don't get me wrong:  moderation is good.  Moderation is NOT bland ...
it's 'enlightened non-heat flavor'.

Scandanavian cooking (at least, as some of my Swedish relatives have done
it) is _bland_.

(BTW:  anyone ever try a brat 'pre-grill' boil based on Jim's red savina
powder?  I've got a kettle on the stove right now ... if it works, I'll get
back to ya.)

-"Scotty"